Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Help Identifying Firearms Listed on Capture Certificate

Article about: Hello, I'm hoping that someone might be able to help me identify the the types of firearms listed on this capture paper, as well as possibly provide photographed examples. Of course, I recog

?

Default Help Identifying Firearms Listed on Capture Certificate

Hello,

I'm hoping that someone might be able to help me identify the the types of firearms listed on this capture paper, as well as possibly provide photographed examples. Of course, I recognize the P38 but the others I'm either less sure about, especially as military firearms. Is it possible that some of these were civilian pistols (used by the enemy) and therefore considered captured military equipment? I appreciate any comments or pictures. Thanks!

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help Identifying Firearms Listed on Capture Certificate  

?

I'm sorry to say that the description of these is so vague it would be hard to put a definite model number on them. There could be a lot of speculation on what they "Might Be", but to put a positive ID would not be possible. Maybe if someone has the time and a serial number database available they might get a couple. But .25 cal auto, Rev cal 6.35, SS 7.65. There just is not enough info given to ID. Especially considering they used foreign and domestic weapons.
    What I find a bit odd is the use of Cal vs mm in the case of the 25 Cal. which is 6.35 mm.

You might also want to post this in the firearm section so the true gun enthusiast will see it

Good luck!

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Thanks Phil. I appreciate your comments and recommendation.

Tom

Some info on Walther serial numbers here

Click on the table on this page

Pistols of the German Wehrmacht

I think a PP and a PPK are listed on your document. Numbers with P and K respectively.

The Mauser serial 934549 could be a HSc - the serials went up to 952000.

Mauser Pocket Pistols

I may be entirely wrong - a semi educated guess !

?

Thanks Richie B. Any idea what the "SS" could be?

?

Quote by hftiii View Post
    Thanks Richie B. Any idea what the "SS" could be?
    Sauer and Sohn ? Grip had SS on them...38H in 32acp?

I think the person who fills out the form probably doesn't know weapons well, why you have both 25 cal and 6.35, they write whatever is on the pistol.

?

the Rev Cal 6.35 is confusing one.
    Rev=Revolver? Not common in this caliber!

?

Thanks for this information, very cool. I am trying to learn more about and WWI and WWII military pistols in general, as my dad collected several and left them to me. No pocket pistols, however. Thanks again for your help.

Tom