Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Local Vets bring back scrap book photos and post cards. Warning: Graphic Photos.

Article about: Hey guys. Just got this from a friend who owns a local antique store. A ww2 vet passed and he purchased the estate. He always tells me about military stuff in the shop when I come in but he

Thank you Stonemint for helping me to post it properly here. I felt they needed to be shared.

I am most intrigued by the photo on the card with the type and the eagle attached to it. The eagle has a rough finish on it and seems like it's integral to the Massacre some how .

In the meantime I am looking into getting special copies made. I have contacted a local holocaust museum and the US holocaust museum in D.C.
    I haven't heard back from them but I offered them detailed copies if they so want them.

A small addition here might be fitting;

on April 25, Colonel George Lynch addressed German civilians at Gardelegen with the following statement:

"The German people have been told that stories of German atrocities were Allied propaganda. Here, you can see for yourself. Some will say that the Nazis were responsible for this crime. Others will point to the Gestapo. The responsibility rests with neither — it is the responsibility of the German people....Your so-called Master Race has demonstrated that it is master only of crime, cruelty and sadism. You have lost the respect of the civilized world".

Well said.

How incredibly terrible, had not heard about this particular atrocity. What a rare find and should definitely
    be preserved. Thank you for sharing.

Very interesting pictures.
    I live not far from this place myself. In an older documentation of this incident, a witness reported that the prisoners were guarded by a few paratroopers and treated decently before they were handed over to the SS in Gardelingen. This could also be true since there was a paratrooper school in Gardelange. Then the SS led them to the barn. Several executions took place along the way and memorial stones still stand at these locations. All of this probably happened under pressure from the advancing US Army, which was already in front of Magdeburg at the time

I keep this book very safe at the moment. I am still trying to find someone who can make copies without damaging what I have. I have also not forgotten about contacting museums about it. It's actually a little harder than I thought.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2