Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My Countryman's Diary Repro

Article about: I have wanted a copy of the “Countryman’s Diary 1939” for my collection. As it seems the originals are not available, except at a exorbitant price and the repros sold out there, are in

Default My Countryman's Diary Repro

I have wanted a copy of the “Countryman’s Diary 1939” for my collection. As it seems the originals are not available, except at a exorbitant price and the repros sold out there, are in my opinion terrible, I decided to make my own. I found pictures of original pages on the net, and had purchase one repro that had decent drawing in it. I took a photo of an original page and scaled the drawing I had to get what I think must have been the size of the original. I reset all the type, cleaned up the drawing, tried to created an aged background and cover. Printed it out on 16lb. paper, which seems the weight of paper used on most military manuals. Printed the cover on a heavier stock. Attached is what I came up with, I am pleased.

Mike.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Countryman's Diary Repro   My Countryman's Diary Repro  

My Countryman's Diary Repro   My Countryman's Diary Repro  

MAP
    ?

Wow! That looks great. Well done!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)