Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My dads pics,from ww2 88th Blue Devil Div.

Article about: He was only 17 when he went in,88th div, sent to Italy,these guys were scouts with radios.He had a camera and took some pics of his buddys.He ended up guarding german prisoners,after the sur

Default My dads pics,from ww2 88th Blue Devil Div.

He was only 17 when he went in,88th div, sent to Italy,these guys were scouts with radios.He had a camera and took some pics of his buddys.He ended up guarding german prisoners,after the surrender.Last photo is him,a very young GI.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My dads pics,from ww2 88th Blue Devil Div.   My dads pics,from ww2 88th Blue Devil Div.  

My dads pics,from ww2 88th Blue Devil Div.   My dads pics,from ww2 88th Blue Devil Div.  

My dads pics,from ww2 88th Blue Devil Div.   My dads pics,from ww2 88th Blue Devil Div.  

Last edited by Toecutter; 05-25-2020 at 12:34 AM.

MAP
    ?

Very nice TC. So young.

My son will be 18 in two months. I still look at him and see just a boy who needs me. Here your Dad at his age off fighting in a war. Troubles my mind.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Excellent TC,
    I love seeing family related military photo's.
    It's great they are still kept in the family.
    Thanks for sharing them.

Semper Fi
    Phil

What great family photos you have TC. Your Dad looks so young, like he should be in school. Reminds me of my grandfather who was 16 and in the Navy when WW1 broke out.

Thank you for allowing us an insight to your Dads service. Really nice the helmets and liners.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

They didn't stay kids for long, that's for sure!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Great pictures TC. It’s humbling to be reminded that these gentlemen and heroes were just kids when they made their mark upon the world. I have a good friend who’s grandfather-in-law was in the 88th. Nice to see pics of them.

Thanks guys!

Thak you for sharing

Very cool! My dad (now deceased) was in the 82nd Airborne in WW2. He served in North Africa, Sicily and central Europe. He also left great "snap shots" of guys in his outfit (many of whom were killed in action) What really makes them interesting is that he took the pictures on a "captured" Italian camera. When the pictures were finally developed, you can see "ghost" images of Italian soldiers posing for a picture, and Italian Fascist aircraft. (double exposures) and the ruins of Italian villages.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast