Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My Father in Law. Morris Spector. Bronze star winner

Article about: Thought this of interest to some. My Wife's Dad Morris, who passed in 2008 was awarded the Bronze Star for his heroics in Germany in 1945. Was in a tank crew rolling thru Germany late in the

Default My Father in Law. Morris Spector. Bronze star winner

Thought this of interest to some. My Wife's Dad Morris, who passed in 2008 was awarded the Bronze Star for his heroics in Germany in 1945. Was in a tank crew rolling thru Germany late in the war. Seems he was quite fortunate to have survived, compared to his group of tankers that did not make it home.

The guy NEVER spoke of the war. Was so humble, never bothered to accept the actual Bronze Star in 1945. When he passed in 2008, his son wrote the War Dept. or whoever it was & had a duplicate medal sent which we laid in his casket as an appreciation for what he did & his service.

The picture of the 2 tankers, Morris is on the left.

Reading the details, sounds like something out of the movie "Fury"..Somewhat ironic
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Father in Law. Morris Spector. Bronze star winner   My Father in Law. Morris Spector. Bronze star winner  

My Father in Law. Morris Spector. Bronze star winner   My Father in Law. Morris Spector. Bronze star winner  

Awesome story David! Thanks for sharing. May he rest in peace. Kindest regards.

Brian

Quote by bsiwula1 View Post
    Awesome story David! Thanks for sharing. May he rest in peace. Kindest regards.

Brian
    Thanks Brian. Needed a box of Kleenex next to me posting this. I think about how a young guy who never left Brooklyn N.Y. was "plucked up" & dropped into a foreign country & given weapons & a tank to blow up a city & kill fellow human beings. All any soldier of any country wanted to do was be at home with their loved ones.

Thank you for sharing his story with us.. So many boys in all the Nations "plucked up" and their innocence lost..

The 629th Tank Destroyer battalion saw a lot of action and were attached to a lot of infantry units during the war...

http://www.tankdestroyer.net/units/u...alion-photos-1

http://www.tankdestroyer.net/units/b...oyer-battalion

I am sure you are familiar with this site and the photos of the 629th..

Thank you again for this fine tribute to your father in law..

Smitty

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    Thank you for sharing his story with us.. So many boys in all the Nations "plucked up" and their innocence lost..

The 629th Tank Destroyer battalion saw a lot of action and were attached to a lot of infantry units during the war...

http://www.tankdestroyer.net/units/u...alion-photos-1

http://www.tankdestroyer.net/units/b...oyer-battalion

I am sure you are familiar with this site and the photos of the 629th..

Thank you again for this fine tribute to your father in law..

Smitty
    Thanks Smitty. Ashamed to say I knew nothing like this you refer to existed. I will read both tonight when the wife gets home together with her.

Thank You again

?

Two words: Greatest generation!
    Gratitude to the veterans.
    And thank you for sharing.

An excellent story David!
    Thank you for sharing.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I will add to the thanks for sharing. The men like your father-in-law were a rare breed. They went over, kicked ass, got the job done, and came home. They certainly were the greatest generation.

You guys have been great to me. Thank You all for your care & responses. I had asked Ralph to just move this to the "Gold Members" club area...he advised maybe not. I did not want it passed away & unnoticed...but again you guys were genuine in your responses & it means much to me.

Thanks again for something that is very personal to my wife & I...you are all a blessing to me.
    David

David,

I am glad I was able to help.. You may find a picture of your Father in Law among the various pictures. If you need anything else, just let me know..

Smitty

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast