Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

PFC Marvin Gerber – 505th AAA Gun Bn

Article about: This is a modest little group from my collection to PFC Marvin Gerber, Coastal Artillery Corps. He was born in New York on the 9th February 1925 to a Polish Jewish family. Inducted into Fede

Default PFC Marvin Gerber – 505th AAA Gun Bn

This is a modest little group from my collection to PFC Marvin Gerber, Coastal Artillery Corps. He was born in New York on the 9th February 1925 to a Polish Jewish family.

Inducted into Federal Service on the 3rd June 1943, he undertook two months of basic training before qualifying as a Range Section Operator (Anti-Aircraft Artillery). Shipping out to the Pacific theatre of operations on the 6th August 1944, he would see active service during the Ryukus Campaign, before shipping back to the US on the 4th March 1946 for final discharge on the 14th March 1946. He was latterly employed as a Clerk Typist.

His service appears to have been primarily with the 505th Anti-Aircraft Artillery Gun Battalion, 53rd Anti-Aircraft Artillery Brigade, under the Tenth Army.

Marvin Gerber passed away in the Bronx, New York, on the 20th August 2013.

Gerber’s Service would earn him:-

Army Good Conduct Medal
    American Campaign Medal
    Pacific Theatre Campaign Medal with one Bronze Battle Star (Ryukus)
    WWII Victory Medal

Marksman Badge (Rifle)
    Three Overseas Service Bars

Below I have added images of a number of documents that I have with the group, though I have not included his various school certificates and other personal documents that accompanied the group.

- - ------- - -

Firstly Gerber's Honorable Discharge Certificate
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture PFC Marvin Gerber – 505th AAA Gun Bn   PFC Marvin Gerber – 505th AAA Gun Bn  

Separation Qualification Record

- - ------- - -

WWII National Certificate of Gratitude
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture PFC Marvin Gerber – 505th AAA Gun Bn   PFC Marvin Gerber – 505th AAA Gun Bn  

Crossing the 180 Meridian Certificate awarded whilst shipping back to the USA on the SS Marine Adder on the 26th February 1946.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture PFC Marvin Gerber – 505th AAA Gun Bn  

Lastly, a Booklet produced by HQ, Special Troops, Tenth Army, commemorating the surrender of the Ryukus Islands

PFC Marvin Gerber – 505th AAA Gun Bn   PFC Marvin Gerber – 505th AAA Gun Bn