Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Photo taken inside French ruins

Article about: A shot taken amongst the ruined buildings of a bombed-out French city. A soldier is inspecting a light French tank in the foreground. The backside of the tank with the vent on the left is no

?

Default Photo taken inside French ruins

Photo taken inside French ruins

A shot taken amongst the ruined buildings of a bombed-out French city. A soldier is inspecting a light French tank in the foreground. The backside of the tank with the vent on the left is not one I could find, it looks similar to a Renault AMR 33. So far unsuccessful at identifying the city in question without any identifiers beyond a street sign and some letters from a wall.

?

outstanding photo!
    Regards, Al

I like the photo too. Do you know who took the photo? If you do, it might help to narrow down the possibilities of which city it is.

?

I unfortunately do not know who took the photo. My understanding is that the image was a result of an attack by Stukas. With some of the buildings appearing to have four stories, it would have to been a city with a reasonable population numbering in the tens to hundreds of thousands of inhabitants.
    I got it from a familiar dealer near Leipzig. I had originally assumed it was taken by a German, but posted it here after changing my belief it’s of French origin. I am away but certain it was unmarked photo paper.