Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

RCAF "world traveller at 21" recruitment poster

Article about: Hey guys, I bought this at a local yard sale, to be completly honest I had not seen one like it before, I paid \\$5 for it which I knew was a great deal regardless. Shortly after I found a pos

Default RCAF "world traveller at 21" recruitment poster

Hey guys, I bought this at a local yard sale, to be completly honest I had not seen one like it before, I paid $5 for it which I knew was a great deal regardless. Shortly after I found a poster exactly like it in the Western Development Museum in MooseJaw Saskatchewan(in the military room) its the only other one Iv seen in person. cant find much info on them. its on about 1/4 " cardboard vs thin poster paper. It was issued by the Kings printer in Ottawa. other then that I know very little about this. the other poster I found did have a different image to it, but the same information. Anything anyone can add will be greatly appreciated. Thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RCAF "world traveller at 21" recruitment poster   RCAF "world traveller at 21" recruitment poster  

RCAF "world traveller at 21" recruitment poster  

Default Re: RCAF "world traveller at 21" recruitment poster

Iv tried researching this but still come up with no other images of one exactly like it, even using google image. There are alot of pics of other posters so I assume the RCAF had a wide variety of poster images avaliable. Still in the dark about on this item, but non the less I love it and it looks great in my collections room.

Nice find The poster is really cool and many boys would have quickly signed up for a life of glamour because of it. Sadly thousands of those young 'world travellers' have gravestones about a mile away from where I live in Yorkshire

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hey Nick, yes it is a shame how the glamour of adventure took over for alot of young men off the praries during this time. Finding this poster locally Iv researched the name on it to see if MR Blissett was a local running the local recruiting station. but theres no mention of that name in the History books from around here for anytime before and after the war, most likely someone sent to be stationed here to cover the SW of Saskatchewan for RCAF recruitment.