Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

red devils parachute regiment free-fall parachute team baton

Article about: I was not sure where to post this one! 1974 dated wooden display baton with markings to show it was passed between the red devils free-fall parachute team during a display free-fall jump und

Default red devils parachute regiment free-fall parachute team baton

I was not sure where to post this one!

1974 dated wooden display baton with markings to show it was passed between the red devils free-fall parachute team during a display free-fall jump undertaken at a display at Bromley & southern counties show.

I had the action man red devil as a child, which must have only been a few years before this at most so this was something I could not resist.

Obviously at some time after the jump it was mounted with two engraved metal plates and has had a felt base added to allow it to be displayed.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture red devils parachute regiment free-fall parachute team baton   red devils parachute regiment free-fall parachute team baton  

red devils parachute regiment free-fall parachute team baton   red devils parachute regiment free-fall parachute team baton  

red devils parachute regiment free-fall parachute team baton   red devils parachute regiment free-fall parachute team baton  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

these are from ebay, the action man red devil set I had, originals are fetching silly money these days
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture red devils parachute regiment free-fall parachute team baton   red devils parachute regiment free-fall parachute team baton  

Regards,

Jerry

Hi Jerry, an interesting and unusual item.

I jumped with the Red Devils back in 1996.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

A very unusual "one of a kind" piece. I bet health and safety would preclude it these days in case it was dropped

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

What a fantastic find Jerry
    Regards James

Very nice Jerry, and certainly different! I like the action figure too! The only Para item item I have is a PX4 harness with deployment and chute bags which I have packed away somewhere... although the canopy has been removed. The picture isn't of mine, it was lifted off the internet.

Cheers,
    Steve

red devils parachute regiment free-fall parachute team baton

my own pics of it along with the next best thing to a Red Devil army para display team helmet, that of the RAF Falcons para display team helmet which I do have in my collection.

Also a picture of the red devil's para display team mid 1970's.

Regards,

Jerry

I remember quite a few years ago when the Para's put on a display at the Roodee in Chester, one of the parachutists came down in one of the trees around the edge of the field.

I wonder if that was his last jump with them...
    Regards,

Jerry

He didn't come to any harm... apart from dented pride. He just hung around for a while until the fire brigade got him down.