Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Royal Green Jackets

Article about: Hi all,sorry if this is in the wrong place. My uncle passed away recently and this plaque and the 2 brass crowns were in with his stuff. Can anyone enlighten me about it please?..what was/is

Question Royal Green Jackets

Hi all,sorry if this is in the wrong place. My uncle passed away recently and this plaque and the 2 brass crowns were in with his stuff. Can anyone enlighten me about it please?..what was/is it awarded for etc....? many thanks

Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Royal Green Jackets   Royal Green Jackets  

ILH
    ?

Default Re: Royal Green Jackets

Hi Mark,

I'm afraid the plaque is a trophy-shop type item- could be for any purpose, hence the additional plate.
    Your only hope is to chase what your Uncle was doing in 1982 and what he did for the RGJ couple in September of that year....... a few months after the Falklands and Hyde Park.

Sorry to not be much help,
    Jim.

Default Re: Royal Green Jackets

Ahh i see! ok thanks for the info Jim, much appreciated. My uncle was a caberet singer during the 60`s,70`s and 80`s so perhaps it was a gig for the couple or something...i`ve absolutely know idea. Anyway thanks again for your help Jim..all the best

Mark.