Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

USS Moccasin (ID-1322) - formerly German "Prinz Joachim" - handwritten diary - high resolution scans!

Article about: I found a handwritten diary written on USS "Moccasin" (ID-1322) from the year 1918. I am including some scans, and, if someone is interested in reading a rest of the diary, I will

filip1
    ?

Default USS Moccasin (ID-1322) - formerly German "Prinz Joachim" - handwritten diary - high resolution scans!

I found a handwritten diary written on USS "Moccasin" (ID-1322) from the year 1918. I am including some scans, and, if someone is interested in reading a rest of the diary, I will make and upload more of images.

WillBoyan
    ?

My grandfather, William Joseph Boyan, may have been a yeoman on that ship in 1917. He may have missed a movement while awaiting supplies and had to reunite with the ship later. It would mean the world to my father if there is any reference to my grandfather in the diary. PLEASE, let me know.

WillBoyan
    ?

Family legend is that the Moccasin rammed a German war ship with grandfather aboard.