Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

War bond ads by Fisher Body, GM

Article about: Buy war bonds and stamps today. Keep America free. These are tearsheet advertisements selling war bonds and stamps to raise money for the war effort. Known in wartime ads as Armament by Fish

?

Default War bond ads by Fisher Body, GM

Buy war bonds and stamps today. Keep America free.
    These are tearsheet advertisements selling war bonds and stamps to raise money for the war effort. Known in wartime ads as Armament by Fisher, the specific ads shown here come from the Fisher Body division of General Motors. Beautiful illustrations by artist Dean Cornwell (1892-1960) is the focal point covering a majority of the page. The mission of Fisher to manufacture airplanes, tanks and armament was a vital part of the war effort. Noted to be the first in the automotive industry to fly the Navy “E” with three stars as well as the Army-Navy “E” for significant production efforts.

”Better than a rabbit’s foot!” - A 1943 advertisement depicting the M4 Sherman contract that Fisher was a part of.

Body blow by Fisher - Possibly a 1944 advertisement with the 90mm anti-aircraft gun manufactured by Fisher. Lovely illustration by the artist showing the barrage by Fisher 90mm guns in the Pacific. I have two examples of this ad.

MAP
    ?

Great stuff. I've always liked these
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Nice ! I just read about the Fisher Body plant here in Grand Rapids, MI, it's a good read, I never knew just how involved they were.

Fisher Body Grand Rapids Plant in World War Two
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Thanks for the link, Gwar. Also wasn’t aware of the advanced level of manufacturing that Fisher was turning out. Responsible for building many things with a lot of firepower, all the tank destroyers and large caliber guns.
    Would like to see such an ad or had them produce such depicting one of these like the M10 or the late war Pershing hunting around Germany.