WW2 Era Letter written by Algerian Family to a U.S. Serviceman who stayed with them during his push through North Africa.
This letter was sent to a U.S. Serviceman named Jack Frankfield. It was written by a family who Jack had stayed with and gotten close with while his unit moved through North Africa, specifically in Constantine, Algeria. Jack was born in 1919 in California. He served with the 355th A.A.A. Searchlight Battalion. The letter reads:

“3/9/43,

Guess who's writing to you? It's JoJo, but you'll have to make do with a letter in French because I'm very lazy and don't know how to write or speak English yet. Unfortunate. This is very annoying. But I think it's Eddie who must get the first prize in laziness. I hope both of you are doing very OK and as always in very good spirits.

You should know that the whole family misses you and we often talk about you. And Jack have you made some progress in French??? I’m sure you have. I’ll see about that with your next letter. It’ll be a way to perfect yourself. I want to be your very harsh teacher and I’ll make you work hard. Courage!!

Everybody is doing very well here, and health is very good. It isn’t as hot anymore and the weather is ideal. I hope that you’ve made nice and pleasant friends where you are but I hope that they haven’t made you forget us.

Dad, mom, Lily , Janine and Roger say hello to you. Sincerely, your friends. Looking forward to reading yours, JoJo. “

Jack would survive the war and pass away in 1984. He is buried in the Home of Eternity Cemetery in Oakland, California.
WW2 Era Letter written by Algerian Family to a U.S. Serviceman who stayed with them during his push through North Africa.