WW2 Era Letter Written by Pilot. He writes about the News of The Atomic Bomb as Well as A Few Close Calls with His Dive Bombing.
Unfortunately the envelope was not included with this letter, so I have no information on the Pilot who wrote it. But the letter itself is really interesting. The letter reads:

“ 8-7-45

Dear Dad,

You certainly sound fed up with things in general. However, your letters are most interesting and I certainly enjoy reading them. That certainly was a choice bit of writing on BB or Big Blonde. I haven’t stopped laughing yet. We’ll have some good stories to tell alright. Boy, what I wouldn’t give to be with the family up in conn. Oh well, this damned thing can’t go on forever. Maybe you can go home soon and enjoy a well earned rest.

The news about the Atomic Bomb has superseded everything else on the front page this morning and it has terrifying possibilities. All I can say is that there hadn’t better be another war. The next one will probably eliminate mankind which might not be such a bad idea.

We have had about 5 dive bombing hops and I’ve managed to get myself in trouble. You see, we’re supposed to pull out of our dive, which is started at 10,000 feet, by not less than 1,000 ft. Well, out of 15 dive’s, I’ve pulled out almost in the trees on 7 of them. That is considered very dangerous as well as being against regulations. So, they told me I’d better stop it or else. Well Dad, don’t let it get you down. Maybe we’ll all be home soon.

Love, La.

P.S. Did you get my picture yet? “
WW2 Era Letter Written by Pilot. He writes about the News of The Atomic Bomb as Well as A Few Close Calls with His Dive Bombing.