Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW2 Newspapers

Article about: In our never ending task of cleaning and emptying my late mothers home, we are constantly finding little treasures here and there. Just a few days ago, tucked in the rear corner of the attic

MAP
    ?

Default WW2 Newspapers

In our never ending task of cleaning and emptying my late mothers home, we are constantly finding little treasures here and there.

Just a few days ago, tucked in the rear corner of the attic we found a large cardboard box fully of newspapers. Inspecting them more closely, it became apparent that they were all WW2 or just after post war era. My late father, must have collected them as a high schooler (he graduated HS in 1947).

He was fascinated with WW2 as well as baseball and had the foresight to identify and save key days in history. It will take me a while to go through them all. Most are ravaged by time and decay but many are still in great shape, not having seen the light of day since they were put a way.

Here is a quick sampling.

WW2 Newspapers

WW2 Newspapers

WW2 Newspapers

WW2 Newspapers

WW2 Newspapers
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Great stuff Michael, I always wanted some Yank magazines!

MAP
    ?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Great stuff Michael, I always wanted some Yank magazines!
    Those were the only 6 "Yank" magazines that I have seen in the box unfortunately. I got 1/3rd of the way through and stopped. Maybe more goodies as I go deeper. But I suspect most will be pretty roached with dry rot. Some of the papers were baseball related like a few for Babe Ruths funeral.

I did find some type of US army pouch with folded up clippings from magazines and papers. Haven't touched that yet.

Also found a box with excellent condition 1960's era "Jeep" branded Tonka trucks. I don't remember them. Must have been my older brothers.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Great bits there to keep the senses occupied rummaging through it all, nice one.

Excellent and exciting find.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Very nice! I love newspapers. I look forward to seeing your posts on the the other two-thirds of the box!

-Robyn

MAP
    ?

Thanks Marty /Robyn

Will be a bit before I take more photos

Actually will probably be packed away soon for a few months. We will see.

Some great newspapers and hidden within those pages are lots of great historical information..

The Stars and Stripes and Yank Magazines often hold information that collectors like in regards to ribbon wear and other regulations..

Nice to see so many examples

Smitty

MAP
    ?

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    Some great newspapers and hidden within those pages are lots of great historical information..

The Stars and Stripes and Yank Magazines often hold information that collectors like in regards to ribbon wear and other regulations..

Nice to see so many examples

Smitty
    I will page through them one day. Just with the renovation starting soon, I have to pack everything up for the next 4 to 6 months. A few I would like to get framed if I ever get around to it.

I did, against my better judgment remove what appears to 2 or 3 dozen folded single sheets of newspaper that were tightly squeezed into a 6" x 6" US military pouch 70+ years ago by my father. Here are a few of them.

WW2 Newspapers

Always interesting to see old news papers about the war. I like how you put "Nazis say Hitler Dead in Berlin" next to "Is Hitler Dead or Alive?" that's pretty funny.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast