Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Operation Neptune Plans

Article about: So I was going through a box of stuff my grandfather had and came across some ww2 documents, which are his lady friends late husbands who fought in the war. that she did not want anymore Bas

Default WW2 Operation Neptune Plans

So I was going through a box of stuff my grandfather had and came across some ww2 documents, which are his lady friends late husbands who fought in the war. that she did not want anymore Basically I have his entire service records, and these plans. My question is, are these plans common? How many are known to still exist? What can I ultimately do with them. I don't want to flip through them a lot since the paper is brittle around the edges and flaking in parts. This seems to be the complete packet he received. Nothing seems to be missing. Covers every thing from Tide levels, to company locations when landing and counter measures and full maps.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Operation Neptune Plans   WW2 Operation Neptune Plans  

WW2 Operation Neptune Plans   WW2 Operation Neptune Plans  

?

Will the sheets separate and go into a plastic-sleeve folder? Makes old documents easier to handle.

Not uncommon, but you are lucky to be the guardian of them. Perhaps you can scan the pages to creative a digital copy to read and keep the original copy safe. If you have his AB64 then I'm sure many will like to see it.

Yes they all do easily seperate, they are in good condition besides the edges are brittle and I am a bit afraid of tearing.

Is the AB64 the records jacket I assume? There is a lot of papers in that folder so I would have to organize them somehow I'm sure. He worked his way up to a 1st Lt. it seems. I had his sleeve patches but they are currently with my Grandfather. Do people here post stuff like that and if so where?

MAP
    ?

Quote by SuperToaster76 View Post
    Is the AB64 the records jacket I assume? There is a lot of papers in that folder so I would have to organize them somehow I'm sure. He worked his way up to a 1st Lt. it seems. I had his sleeve patches but they are currently with my Grandfather. Do people here post stuff like that and if so where?
    We would be happy to see his sleeve patches.

You can post them in the link below.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/insignia-flags-regalia/
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by SuperToaster76 View Post
    The AB64 is his service and pay book. It might help to see where he was etc, if you don't mind posting pictures of it.