Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

WW2 Silk Escape Map

Article about: alan the a &e map youn have posted there is clasic scale and detail for an E&E map inof detail and a large inof area to enable you to move for 100s of miles i believe the one you hav

ian
    ?

Default Re: WW2 Silk Escape Map

alan the a &e map youn have posted there is clasic scale and detail for an E&E map
    inof detail and a large inof area to enable you to move for 100s of miles
    i believe the one you have is a good original
    i used many like it of europe in the past
    cheers ian

Alan, I appriciate that your thread is over a year old now, but just in case you still have the map and wanted to a know bit more I thought I'd add my 10pence worth!
    The 'Zones of France' escape map is one of the most sought after maps as they were issues to troops for D-Day, most notably US and British paratroopers hence the interest in them (Major John HOWARD of Pegasus Bridge fame had one!) I have two in my collection, one made of silk and one cotton, which I have shown on a thread elsewhere on the site. The silk used for the maps was quite often rejected material from the production of parachutes.
    As for value, the 'Zones of France' map realises between £100 - £150 on Ebay.

Thanks for following up such along time. The original question started with my in law being given the map. I have learned much from the thread. The map has now been put away where it is safe.

Alan

The Norway map shown earlier is probably not silk. Its printed on a rayon type synthetic material. Its part of the 43 series of maps printed in 1943. 43 FGS A/E. The number 43 may not be printed on the map but its from that series.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3