Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1943 Red Army Commander’s Clothing book

Article about: Just picked up this document which I believe is a clothing allowance booklet for Red Army Commanders. Nick

Default 1943 Red Army Commander’s Clothing book

Just picked up this document which I believe is a clothing allowance booklet for Red Army Commanders.

Nick1943 Red Army Commander’s Clothing book1943 Red Army Commander’s Clothing book1943 Red Army Commander’s Clothing book1943 Red Army Commander’s Clothing book1943 Red Army Commander’s Clothing book1943 Red Army Commander’s Clothing book
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1943 Red Army Commander’s Clothing book
    P
    Many

These indeed show the handed out uniform and fieldgear but also weapons and mention awards as well.

Thanks Marcel
    I’m going to ask my Wife to translate each page
    Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

From a quick glance I see he was in the mechanised artillery and all clothing and gear was provided in 1943 and renewed in 1944. Page 4 and 5 say when he received his pilotka, his shapka and gymnasterka. On page 2? under number 15 he received his leather boots. Did I miss anything else?

Thanks Marcel. I’m impressed with your level of reading the Russian language, puts me to shame
    I have time on my hands now to knuckle down and study the language more

Nick

Just basic words I know. I should start with learning though...guess it's about time after so many years haha

Just received some translation from my wife …He was also issued with Polotentse (towels), Rubacha ( shirts), Kalsony (long johns) and Portyanky (foot wraps)

…and he was Lieutenant Oreshnikov Efim Ivanovich

Nick