Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Books of Gulag Survivors

Article about: I'm looking for a new read and was wondering if anyone on here recommend a specific book regarding this topic? As the title states, I'm interested in the subject of Gulag survivors. I am sur

Default Books of Gulag Survivors

I'm looking for a new read and was wondering if anyone on here recommend a specific book regarding this topic?

As the title states, I'm interested in the subject of Gulag survivors. I am sure that there were some German POW's that survived it and wrote a book about their accounts.

Thanks guys.

Marko.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Books of Gulag Survivors
    P
    Many

Default Re: Books of Gulag Survivors

Hi Marko, not sure if you just wanted a specific nationality but there is a fantastic book by Jerzy Kmiecik, a Polish teenager aged just 16 when he was captured in the first month of the second world war by the Russians - he and his family had been trying to escape the Germans after their invasion of Poland The russians accused him of being a bourgeous capital spy and he was imprisoned in Russia.It took him 3 years to escape and arrive in Britain where he flew for the RAF - book is called"The boy in the gulag" published in English by Quartet Books the ISBN ref is ISBN 0 7043 2321 4

It may now be out of print as it was published in 1983

?

Default Re: Books of Gulag Survivors

How about The Gulag Archipelago (Russian: Архипелаг ГУЛАГ, Arkhipelag GULAG) by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn? Very interesting and very big!