Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Britansky Soyznik, soviet paper

Article about: Hi everyone, I thought you might be interested in this. If you look at wartime Pravda you see that usually international news is reported on page 4 and rarely front page. So the British Mini

Default Britansky Soyznik, soviet paper

Hi everyone,
    I thought you might be interested in this.
    If you look at wartime Pravda you see that usually international news is reported on page 4 and rarely front page.
    So the British Ministry of Information began this paper in August 1942 with permission from the USSR.
    It was published until 1950.
    The first issue saw 20,000 printed from August 16 1942 and it was published weekly. By the end of the 1940's it had reached 50,000 copies a week.
    Articles would focus on the British and American side of the war but also included cultural and military co-operation with the USSR.
    This issue is dated 2 July 1944. Sadly I have not had time to translate it yet, but I hope you can see from the pictures a general idea of the contents. Britansky Soyznik, soviet paperBritansky Soyznik, soviet paperBritansky Soyznik, soviet paperBritansky Soyznik, soviet paper

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Britansky Soyznik, soviet paper
    P
    Many

Interesting newspaper. The articles are about the landing in Normandy and the fighting there, including in Cherbourg.