Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

"Cakes and ammo".

Article about: "Cakes and ammo". Me and my wife share a common interest in history and in the "Cold War" in particular. Today I bargained on a couple of rather unique items from the lon

Jan
    ?

Default "Cakes and ammo".

"Cakes and ammo".

Me and my wife share a common interest in history and in the "Cold War" in particular.

Today I bargained on a couple of rather unique items from the long gone original "Hotel Viru" in Tallinn Estonia (ca 1971-1991) including this very "bullet like" brass and glass candle holder that once adored the luxurius desert/coffee table of the hotel.

Photo by Hotel Viru & KGB museum - sokoshotels.fi
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Cakes and ammo".   "Cakes and ammo".  

"Cakes and ammo".  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Cakes and ammo".
    P
    Many

Quite stylish.

Jan
    ?

Indeed it is will send more pics when I have the thing in hand

Best, Jan

Default Hotel Salyut - Гостиница «Салют»

Your story about hotel «Hotel Viru» reminds me of a hotel in Moscow where I stayed in the late 1980's .
    This hotel, Salyut (гостиница «Салют»), was built between 1977 and 1980 to receive foreign guests for the 1980 Summer Olympics.
    After the Olympics, the hotel was used to accommodate foreign tourists like me.
    Much in the hotel was a reminder of what it was originally built for. For example, the emblem of the 22nd Olympics was painted large on the wall in the lobby.
    My hotel room had a television and radio set with the emblem of the 22nd Olympics on it. You could also buy souvenirs from the 22nd Olympics in the hotel's gift shop.
    Unfortunately, I did not take any photos in the hotel at the time. All I have left is an information guide from the hotel and a pair of pins from the 22nd Summer Olympics.

Hotel Salyut still exists. It has been adapted to the requirements of our time; Отель <<Салют>> в Москве официальный сайт гостиницы 4*, цены отеля для молодоженов 4 звезды фото, описание .
    When looking at the hotel's website, I wondered what could have happened to the television and radio sets that were in the hotel rooms in the 1980's.
    The radio sets in particular were collectors items to my idea. I have regularly searched for such a radio set on Russian websites but I have never seen one for sale.

&quot;Cakes and ammo&quot;.

?

Very cool!
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-archeology-Legenda-Latvia/224779244335847

http://www.hobbyhistorica.com/