Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Are "Gratitude documents" faked?

Article about: Hello, I'm quite interested in these kind of documents but was wondering if "good fakes" exist apart from obvious reproductions. I'm thinking there a niche item and also not too po

Default Are "Gratitude documents" faked?

Hello,

I'm quite interested in these kind of documents but was wondering if "good fakes" exist apart from obvious reproductions. I'm thinking there a niche item and also not too popular so not viable but was just wondering.

Some examples:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Are "Gratitude documents" faked?
    P
    Many

I have not come across good fakes, only some obvious modern looking reproductions on Ebay.
    I like to collect these myself, they tell a story in a way which is interesting for me to research more about a certain soldier.

That's what I thought too, I have only seen obvious reproductions (clearly labelled as such). But I have found them interesting like yourself and was looking at collecting some but apart from a reference book finding information on them is scarce.

Thanks,

I agree with Marcel. Never really seen reproductions of gratitude documents. I've seen color copies paired with orders or medals but they're so obvious they're easy spot. I know there appears to be a large amount out there with a lot of variations. The most I've ever seen to one recipient was seven total. Would like to have purchased the lot but was low on running funds. Oh well. Such is life.

Regards,

Gerry C
    JustMeinKC!

The only thing I know is I don't know anything.

Dom
    ?

Quote by Rustyyyy View Post
    That's what I thought too, I have only seen obvious reproductions (clearly labelled as such). But I have found them interesting like yourself and was looking at collecting some but apart from a reference book finding information on them is scarce.

Thanks,

I really like the Gramota, they perfectly reflect the important events of the Red Army campaigns.
    There are some reference books :

I only have the 2nd book shown and it is worth getting hold of. It contains a list with all different gratitude documents and of which a majority is shown. Not that easy to find but worth the effort to get hold of