Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Kunmadaras Soviet Airbase findings

Article about: Dear all, I have recently ended a 5-months long stay in Hungary and while being there I had the chance to visit some abandoned Soviet Airbases, including one of the biggest ones outside the

?

Default Kunmadaras Soviet Airbase findings

Dear all,

I have recently ended a 5-months long stay in Hungary and while being there I had the chance to visit some abandoned Soviet Airbases, including one of the biggest ones outside the USSR, Kunmadaras airbase.

To get there has been quite a mess, but..take a look at the pictures of some things I found there.. I think it worth the time spent on 3 different trains .

Nothing of particulat value, but I can assure you that to find such things in the atmosphere of the base gave me some strong feelings.

Such bases look exactly like Pripyat (btw, in the one in Kiskunlachasa I actually found..a Serbian film crew which was shooting a movie about Chernobyl!).

Here some infos about the bases I visited and others, Military airfields and airbases in Hungary | Military Airfield Directory , here an online gallery of photos of Kunmadaras, Panoramio - Photo of Soviet Airfield (abandoned): and here the site of the museum in nearby Berekfurdo, Secrets of the Soviet airbase.

The base is actually used for motorcycle races in summer andthere are also few civilian private planes.

Kunmadaras Soviet Airbase findingsKunmadaras Soviet Airbase findingsKunmadaras Soviet Airbase findingsKunmadaras Soviet Airbase findingsKunmadaras Soviet Airbase findingsKunmadaras Soviet Airbase findingsKunmadaras Soviet Airbase findingsKunmadaras Soviet Airbase findings

Waiting for your comments!

Regards,

GC

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kunmadaras Soviet Airbase findings
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Kunmadaras Soviet Airbase findings

Sorry Gents, I forgot to specify thet the soviet coat of arms (first photo) is nearly 3 feet tall and that the airforce logo (fourth photo) is half a foot tall.

Regards,

GC

?

Once more sorry, the Airforce logo is 1-and-a-half foot tall. I am way too used to measure in cm and meters..

?

nice old things I even can smell the chlorine that used to be used for desinfection that times.

picture of Andropov. And really nice photo of SU paras with Hungarian solders. 'Trud' newspaper and car magazin 'Za Rulem'

BTW I love the conspectus of Marksism-Leninism lectures (it was boring tho on this lectures) piece of paper next to Andropov's photo.