Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need Help with Russian Translations & Locations Please

Article about: Hi, I am new to this forum & I'm looking for help translating what has been written in Russian on the backs of some family photos I have. I'm trying to research more about the dates and

supercat
    ?

Default Need Help with Russian Translations & Locations Please

Hi,
    I am new to this forum & I'm looking for help translating what has been written in Russian on the backs of some family photos I have. I'm trying to research more about the dates and locations of these photos & would love some feedback as I am writing a paper on this for grad school. I would also love to know more about my great-grandparents, their military uniforms, ranks, etc. I am collaborating with m grandfather on this & details are quite fuzzy. The pictures I have I believe are from the 1920's & possibly 1930's.

Many Thanks!
    Cathleen
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need Help with Russian Translations & Locations Please   Need Help with Russian Translations & Locations Please  

Need Help with Russian Translations & Locations Please   Need Help with Russian Translations & Locations Please  

Need Help with Russian Translations & Locations Please   Need Help with Russian Translations & Locations Please  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Need Help with Russian Translations & Locations Please

On first photo is wrote Мерв Merv (37.662802787778,62.192519454444 - Google Maps) is the oldest city in Middle Asia, Turkmenia teritory. Second is Чаржуй Charzhuy (modern name is Türkmenabat) also city in Turkmenia.

supercat
    ?

Thank you so much for your help!!!

One last question, can you please translate what is written on the back of the photo of the nurse?

Many thanks to you, you have been very helpful!
    Cathleen
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need Help with Russian Translations & Locations Please   Need Help with Russian Translations & Locations Please  

Quote by supercat View Post
    Thank you so much for your help!!!

One last question, can you please translate what is written on the back of the photo of the nurse?

Many thanks to you, you have been very helpful!
    Cathleen
    Нина Гвоздик Nina Gvozdik

supercat
    ?

Thank you SO MUCH!!!
    Have a wonderful day!!!!

If You need to translate something else from Russian ask me I will be happy to help.

supercat
    ?

Thanks, will do!

supercat
    ?

Inf Div 121-

I wanted to thank you again for your help with the translations. I researched the one with the nurse, Nina Gvozdik & when I searched the name I was directed to the Gulag Museum where there was a portrait drawn of Nina that I am attaching. Apparently she as an inmate at the Tomsk workcamp in 1938-39 and her inmate drew a portrait of her. I contacted the museum in St Petersburg to confirm the photo & see if they had anymore info on the woman, they have been very helpful. I also spoke with my grandfather who said Nina was my great grandmother's sister. It looks like the woman in the picture & the portrait are the same person.

You have helped me a lot and furthered my research for my grad paper. Thanks again!!
    Cathleen
    Attached Images Attached Images Need Help with Russian Translations & Locations Please