Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Red Army Soldiers Book, translation help please

Article about: Hi, I've just picked up this Soldiers Book and am hoping for some help with translations and a general outline of this gentleman's service (I've had some great help to previous requests for

?

Default Red Army Soldiers Book, translation help please

Hi, I've just picked up this Soldiers Book and am hoping for some help with translations and a general outline of this gentleman's service (I've had some great help to previous requests for help so fingers crossed) from his photo it looks like a Guards badge and a friend suggested a sniper badge which it does seem to match under a magnifying glass. Thanks in advance

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Red Army Soldiers Book, translation help please
    P
    Many

?

With my limited knowledge of the Red Army (and non-existent knowledge of the Russian language) I have been trying to pick out some details and have a few thoughts - feel free to pull them apart if I'm wrong or confirm if by a miracle I'm right

Shoulder Boards look black with red edging which I believe makes him Artillery, Armour or Motor-Car units and the single strip makes him a corporal
    Medals - I think I see Medal for Courage, Defence of Stalingrad, Liberation of Warsaw and Victory over Germany on page 6
    He wears a badge of the "Excellent" series it looks like crossed rifles under a magnifying glass which I believe is either sniper or shooter but it could be cannons which would make him an Excellent Artilleryman

Thanks in advance for any help you can give

His rank is Guards Yefreitor. Will check in the evening on my pc for the rest to translate. Hard to see on my phone here at work.
    The booklet is from 1947 btw. All items handed out in January 1947.

?

Thanks for this, on the 1947 bit does that mean its a 1947 replacement book maybe replacing an earlier worn out copy?

It was handed out in 1947 for his service in 47. The WW2 related entries only show his service during the war with his awards and fronts where he was active. But it is a postwar booklet for postwar service. Still very nice and informative.

This is your guy: Sergey Sergeevich Kassai: https://pamyat-naroda.ru/heroes/pers...hdenie30203523

He was Yefreitor of the 722 Antiaircraft Artillery Regiment and 166 Guards Antiaircraft Artillery Regiment.
    In 1943 he served at the 4th Ukrainian Front and in 1944 at the 1st Belorussian Front.

Furthermore it is not a sniperbadge he's wearing next to the Gurads badge but an Excellent Artillerist badge.

Hope this helps?

?

It really helps, I'll get downloading and seeing what details I can pick out from the files that are on the link and do some checking on the units - its a shame its not his Wartime book but it still reflects a different stage in his career and his earlier service certainly seems to be worthy of looking into.

The Crossed cannons did look like rifles with a bit of a bend to them but this is probably just the way I am seeing them in the light (combined with some wishful thinking) - thanks again for your help on this its greatly appreciated