Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Soviet WW2 bakelite ID Capsule with content

Article about: Dear sirs. Our scientific WW2 project received this item as a gift from the daughter of a Finnish soldier who passed away in the 1990´s. The daughter said her father only seldom spoke about

Jan
    ?

Found out some more, seems like the soldier Feodor Pavlovich Agibalow died in the military hospital nr. 58 (58. SotaS. Kannus) situated in a school building Kannus W Finland (picture below). This hospital treated Soviet prisoners of war.

A simple memorial marks the final resting place of the 185 Soviet soldiers that died of their wounds and disease in the hospital 1941-1942.

Best, Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet WW2 bakelite ID Capsule with content   Soviet WW2 bakelite ID Capsule with content  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet WW2 bakelite ID Capsule with content
    P
    Many

Great when the circle can be completed.....
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

One of the satisfying joys of this hobby

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Hello, he was captured in 27 September 1941. Which means he was captured during the Contunuation war. Raul

Jan
    ?

Today we got hold the soldiers (Red Cross) POW records. Lot´s of interesting information here:

- He was taken prisoner in Petrozavodsk (Petroskoi) on September 27th 1941.
    - He served as a footsoldier.
    - He arrived to the POW hospital in Kannus 4 months after beeing taken prisoner on the 31st of January (in the middle of the freezing winter of 1942) and died less than two weeks later at the age of 39.

His civilan occupation was "forest worker" and he was married.

Sadly a lot of the information is in Russian so possibly someone can help me out with these (mostly names of relatives).

Best, Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet WW2 bakelite ID Capsule with content  

?

Hello, it feels like your getting somewhere with this project. Raul

?

Hello. Jan if you ever need help with identifing Red army soldiers, contact me. Raul

Jan
    ?

Thanks Raul, I will please check out WW2 Conflict Archaeology Project "Hanko 1941"

Best,

Jan

Interesting story. This also applies to the Hanko1941 website. The fact that Fedor Agibalov's POW card (sotavankikortti) can be found on the Pamyat Naroda website suggests that his family may be aware of his death.

I believe it is the first time I see one of these Soviet "ID tags" in non relic condition. Very interesting to see.
    If I were you, I would attempt to contact his family members to tell them the story of your grandfather and how the POW gave this to him in the hopes of his family being informed. They have surely heard of his death, but only in an administrative way. They would probably be very thankfull to you if you contact them to give them the human side of this story.
    I know some people who can help track down family members if you need help.

Jean-Loup

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2