Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Soviet WW2 bakelite ID Capsule with content

Article about: Dear sirs. Our scientific WW2 project received this item as a gift from the daughter of a Finnish soldier who passed away in the 1990´s. The daughter said her father only seldom spoke about

Jan
    ?

Default Soviet WW2 bakelite ID Capsule with content

Dear sirs.

Our scientific WW2 project received this item as a gift from the daughter of a Finnish soldier who passed away in the 1990´s. The daughter said her father only seldom spoke about the war.

The bakelite tube with the personal information was given to him by a Soviet POW after he gave him bread and cigarettes. The POW had explained to him that he had a family back home and wanted his family to know what had happened to him should he not survive.

I´m curious as to what information the document contains. Sadly we will probably never know what happened to him
    thanks for all your help,

Best, Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet WW2 bakelite ID Capsule with content   Soviet WW2 bakelite ID Capsule with content  

Soviet WW2 bakelite ID Capsule with content   Soviet WW2 bakelite ID Capsule with content  

Soviet WW2 bakelite ID Capsule with content  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet WW2 bakelite ID Capsule with content
    P
    Many

?

Interesting,,and today it could be possible to know if he survived the war
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-archeology-Legenda-Latvia/224779244335847

http://www.hobbyhistorica.com/

CSW
    ?

I'm afraid I can't help but the paper seems to be in excellent condition with all the text clearly visible - not all hope is lost. Surely our Russian-speaking friends will soon chime in. Wishing you the best of luck!

?

Hello, it looks like the soldier was born in 1903. Making hime 37 during the winter war. Raul

?

thank's for sharing it.

?

Hello could you send me more detailed photos. I can read Russian. Gmail ralfsdrikiscross@gmail.com. Raul

Jan
    ?

Seems like we have a name and the year of birth...

Агибалов Федор Павлович (Agibalov Fedor Pavlovich) born 1903. Thanks for your kind help!

Best,

Jan

?

Hello, i found him on pamyat naroda. Looks like he passed away in 1942 December in Kannuksen Finland. Well atleast there is some closure. Raul

Jan
    ?

Thank you Raul. That would fit well with the Finnish soldiers story about how he accuired the tube. The Finnish soldier was stationed in a military hospital in Ostrobotnia some 100 km:s to the southwest from the POW camp in Kannus. A sad discovery for sure.

Thank you so much for your help. I would appreciate all possible help regarding the details on the document.

Best,

Jan

?

Hello, Jan i will try to help you as much as possible. Currently im not doing anything so i will look into it. Raul

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast