Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Ukrainian Soviet Soldier's letter to home translation

Article about: Hello. Today I bring you a Letter supposedly written by a Ukrainian Soviet soldier during WW2. The letter is written on a German Feldpost note and the Soviet postage stamp dates October 11th

Default Ukrainian Soviet Soldier's letter to home translation

Hello. Today I bring you a Letter supposedly written by a Ukrainian Soviet soldier during WW2. The letter is written on a German Feldpost note and the Soviet postage stamp dates October 11th 1944, I don't speak any Russian/Ukrainian and my only Russian colleague was only able to decipher it a little due to the language barrier of the two, If anybody could help with a translation that would be greatly appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ukrainian Soviet Soldier's letter to home translation   Ukrainian Soviet Soldier's letter to home translation  

Ukrainian Soviet Soldier's letter to home translation   Ukrainian Soviet Soldier's letter to home translation  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ukrainian Soviet Soldier's letter to home translation
    P
    Many

?

It's a bit difficult to understand this Russian-Ukrainian mix, cause there are a lot of mistakes and the text looks like the sender was very low-educated. The name of the soldier was Vasil Rybak. About the text - it's an ordinary letter to home from a soldier: "I'm alive - how are you - I'm missing you - send me your photo - my greetings to relatives - I've sent you 100 roubles." Nothing special, just a usual life.

Thank you, I too noticed that the handwriting was poor and such, it seemed to upset my Russian friend when I had mentioned that (oops)

Hello.
    A letter from an illiterate peasant Vasil Rybak to his wife Anna. He sends his regards to her and his son Misha. He writes that he misses them very much and asks to send their photos. Probably he cannot tell everything, but writes that his wife would find out everything from Antin Pestkovsky. Son Misha is still very young. He also writes that he knows that her life is difficult and is sending her 100 rubles.
    The letter is written in Ukrainian, but with terrible mistakes and local phrases.
    The address is valid, such a village of Konceba exists, the inhabitants suffered from the Soviet Holodomor in the 30s.
    What you need to know, in 1944 the Germans retreated and the coming Soviets forcibly mobilized Vasil Rybak into the Red Army.
    The German blank could be used as a trophy; there were no Soviet blanks or they cost money. They wrote letters on a sheet of plain paper and folded them into a triangle.

Thank you man, Really makes the item feel more special to me, like a real connection to the war.