Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Where to buy genuine USSR passports?

Article about: I like collecting random memorabilia to add to my collection. I have wanted to get a Passport, but it seems to be hard as they are commonly faked, and they are sometimes expensive. Strangely

Default Where to buy genuine USSR passports?

I like collecting random memorabilia to add to my collection. I have wanted to get a Passport, but it seems to be hard as they are commonly faked, and they are sometimes expensive. Strangely many were issued after the fall of the USSR, some issued in 1993, 94', 97' etc. I need help finding real ones, if any tips on checking if it is genuine.

Here is an example I found, going €17. Issued nearly 3 years after the collapse.

Any thoughts?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Where to buy genuine USSR passports?
    P
    Many

Ebay. Lots of originals there. Ebay is usually not the best place to find original items but when you know the stuff you collect there's plenty of good stuff to be found. There's two sellers from Ukraine who offer these on a regular basis.

?

There are two types of passport we have here in Russia: foreign passport (which is used for abroad travelling only) and internal passport (the main document of Russian citizens). The one you show is a foreign passport. It used to only be issued for 5 years, so I have 3 or 4 such old passports, they are useless, I only keep them as a memory of my travels/visas, and I can't understand why this type of passport might be expensive or why someone might fake it. Foreign passports with the old Soviet symbols were issued until the early 2000s, and no one cared - I don't know why.