Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Era Letter written by Russian Soldier near Warsaw.

Article about: This letter was written by the same Russian soldier who wrote the postcard I posted recently. This letter was written 5 months after that postcard, on July 3rd 1944. The letter reads: “3/J

Default WW2 Era Letter written by Russian Soldier near Warsaw.

This letter was written by the same Russian soldier who wrote the postcard I posted recently. This letter was written 5 months after that postcard, on July 3rd 1944. The letter reads:

“3/JUL-1944 - Poland

Hey Lena!

I'm writing to you from abroad. The border has long since been left behind, Poland. Beautiful estates owned by the nobles, houses with columns, alleys, parks, gardens, and the shabby peasant houses. In town there are immense churches, with burning candles and women splayed across the floor in prayer. We walked around and looked at these churches, but we saw nothing in this grand silence and shining beauty except for boredom.

Polish girls are gorgeous. I "fell head over heels" for one, but by evening got seriously drenched by the rain and all my love got soggy and fell to pieces. I'm not far from Warsaw right now.

Say hi to everyone. Write back. Mitya (Dmitry)”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 Era Letter written by Russian Soldier near Warsaw.
    P
    Many