Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Bayonet AK74 (NBV) Bulgaria

Article about: Hi, mates, wanna show You this AK74 (NBV) bayonet ("AK 100 series"), manufactured in the People´s Republic of Bulgaria. This, particular, bayonet doesn´t show an serial number, s

Default Bayonet AK74 (NBV) Bulgaria

Hi, mates,

wanna show You this AK74 (NBV) bayonet ("AK 100 series"), manufactured in the People´s Republic of Bulgaria.

This, particular, bayonet doesn´t show an serial number, so, it´s (probably) manufactured for export issues.

Further informations regarding this bayonet -type, (e.g.), there:
    Bayonets of Bulgaria
    Bayonet AK74 (NBV) BulgariaBayonet AK74 (NBV) Bulgaria

Some more examples there:
    Ak47 bayonets

Bayonet AK 74 (NBV) of the People's Republic of Bulgaria

I received a few bayonets these days, including a Bulgarian "NBV".

I show pictures of this bayonet here.

Although it does not have a weapon number on the handle and scabbard, it still appears to have been mounted and actually used with the weapon.
    Various signs of wear also indicate this.

The bayonet was also relatively "dirty", but I was able to remove the dirt with a little oil and a toothbrush.

Here are images of the bulgarian M1974 before cleaning:

Bayonet AK74 (NBV) BulgariaBayonet AK74 (NBV) BulgariaBayonet AK74 (NBV) BulgariaBayonet AK74 (NBV) BulgariaBayonet AK74 (NBV) BulgariaBayonet AK74 (NBV) BulgariaBayonet AK74 (NBV) BulgariaBayonet AK74 (NBV) Bulgaria

Bayonet AK74 (NBV) BulgariaBayonet AK74 (NBV) BulgariaBayonet AK74 (NBV) BulgariaBayonet AK74 (NBV) BulgariaBayonet AK74 (NBV) BulgariaBayonet AK74 (NBV) BulgariaBayonet AK74 (NBV) Bulgaria

?

They are a cool looking bayonet. I'm yet to find a Russian example but I picked up a Bulgarian one a few years ago for a very good price. Whilst it looks good, it feels really cheaply made in the hand.

Try opening a can with an "Old Fashioned" AKM bayonet, you won't have a problem and the can opens quickly, I've already tried that myself!

Try that with an M1974 of the "AK 100 series" and you will despair!
    Better yet, blow up your can of shelf-stable ravioli with a hand grenade and get the same result! ...