Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Chetnik Skull Cockade

Article about: This skull insignia just came in from Serbia. It was described as a WWII Chetnik Cockard for Gen.Draza Mihajlovic troops. Originally I thought it was a collar insignia as worn by Četnik

?

Default Chetnik Skull Cockade

This skull insignia just came in from Serbia. It was described as a WWII Chetnik Cockard for Gen.Draza Mihajlovic troops. Originally I thought it was a collar insignia as worn by Četnik (Assault) units of the regular Yugoslav army like the first photo below. When i received it I realized it was much larger and more than likely a cap badge as described. The other photo next to it shows Četnik guerrillas with skulls on their caps, the last one on the right has a similar metal cap device. This probably makes more sense because the regular troops wore a standard M1939 cap emblem. i stiil can't rule it out as a collar insignia just because of it's size. The larger anatomically correct skull to the left of it is a Spanish Cavalry collar insignia that also served as a cap badge

Chetnik Skull Cockade

Chetnik Skull CockadeChetnik Skull Cockade

Chetnik Skull CockadeChetnik Skull CockadeChetnik Skull Cockade

A group shot of some of my less conventional skulls in my collection

Chetnik Skull Cockade

Spanish Cavalry Skull to illustrate use of large collar insignia

Chetnik Skull CockadeChetnik Skull CockadeChetnik Skull Cockade

CBH
    ?

Another great skull for the collection, and a very informative post as usual.
    You should consider writing a book as you are amassing a great variety of skulls and information that goes with them.
    I love the pinstriped uniform of the Spainish Calvary, great photo.
    Thanks again for sharing.

?

Sorry are you sure that is a good one?
    In 25 year of digging i have never seen one of this......only coccardes, but not skulls.
    My opinion ....on your skull are very, very poor details......(teeth, nose, eyes)

I certanly hope that is a good one.

Best regards...S

?

Hello S, I respect your opinion and your experience with digging in the area. In fact I am not sure, I only base it on the look, construction and feel of the metal in comparison with many skulls in my collection as well as the information provided. Yes the detail is poor but not everything was made with exact precision like the Deschler skulls. The Imperial German skull in the picture in the top right corner also has poor detail but it is authentic. I am also aware that there are many fake skulls being produced in that area and I hope this is not one of them. I will continue to investigate and search photographs for more visual confirmation. I may also be wrong in attributing this piece to the Chetnik troops, perhaps it is something else altogether. Thank you for your input.

Regards, Al

?

Quote by CBH View Post
    Another great skull for the collection, and a very informative post as usual.
    You should consider writing a book as you are amassing a great variety of skulls and information that goes with them.
    I love the pinstriped uniform of the Spainish Calvary, great photo.
    Thanks again for sharing.
    Thank Chris, I appreciate your support of my topics and threads even though I may get it wrong sometimes. I researched the hell out of that Spanish skull insignia until I got it right. I'm still working on that bulbous head big skull that Robin gave the thumbs up to but no one has ever seen before. it's what makes this interesting.

Regards, Al

?

Here is another photo of skull insignia in use on the collar by an Officer, courtesy of GMIC forum
    Photo credit:ЧЕТНИК

Chetnik Skull Cockade

But I also found these images of fake skulls being produced in Leskovac
    Photo credit: Paja

?

Unfortunately mine does resemble the fakes in many aspects

Chetnik Skull Cockade
    Chetnik Skull Cockade

Chetnik Skull Cockade
    Chetnik Skull Cockade

In the last 10 years there hasn't been more than two Chetnik items with skulls sold on fleabay. Unfortunately I have seen a dozen fake total fantasy knives and a unlimited amount of fantasy "badges" like all of these sell for a lot of money.

?

Quote by Davenport View Post
    In the last 10 years there hasn't been more than two Chetnik items with skulls sold on fleabay. Unfortunately I have seen a dozen fake total fantasy knives and a unlimited amount of fantasy "badges" like all of these sell for a lot of money.
    Well luckily I didn't spend a lot on this one. If I had seen the images I posted above when I bought it, I would have noticed the similarities and avoided it. Live and learn

?

Ok...for your opinion..this skull is Chetnik ? Is original ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Chetnik Skull Cockade  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast