Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Polish Merit Cross

Article about: Found this at the Hala Targowa flea market in Krakow, it's a pity about the missing enamel and i don't think the ribbon belongs with it but it only cost 5 zlotys (£1)!..

Default Polish Merit Cross

Polish Merit CrossPolish Merit Cross
    Found this at the Hala Targowa flea market in Krakow, it's a pity about the missing enamel and i don't think the ribbon belongs with it but it only cost 5 zlotys (£1)!..

Hi Gunny,

You’re correct, the ribbon is incorrect. The proper ribbon is pictured below. A rather common post war communist era decoration issued by the bucket load. It’s a good thing you did not overpay for it. I hope to visit this market in several months, but not with any expectation of finding anything. The golden years were the 1960’s- 80’s, but things have been pretty well picked clean since then.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Merit Cross  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thanks for the reply Tony and as for Hala Targowa there was very little there apart from stall after stall of TR fakes!...