Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Some Yugo items

Article about: Hi, mates, bought these items from the former Yugoslavia. The medal is supposed to be a bravery medal, awarded to combatants in the fight against the Wehrmacht. I assume that this is a medal

Default Some Yugo items

Hi, mates,

bought these items from the former Yugoslavia.

The medal is supposed to be a bravery medal, awarded to combatants in the fight against the Wehrmacht.

I assume that this is a medal that was awarded to former veterans of the Second World War in the "Tito" era.
    The medal has an award number, here: 25370

The bundle also included a garrison cap, which I will ask about later in this post.

Very interesting for me but a kind of ULLR / ULLER a "lucky charm", which one also knows from members of the mountain troops of the Wehrmacht, which was also part of the original sale.

Didn't know that such "semi-official" pendants were also known, (privately) made and worn in the former Yugoslavia.

The Order of Bravery / Medal
    SMRT FAZISMU
    SLOBODA NARODU

Some Yugo itemsSome Yugo itemsSome Yugo itemsSome Yugo items

The "lucky charm"

Some Yugo itemsSome Yugo itemsSome Yugo itemsSome Yugo itemsSome Yugo itemsSome Yugo items

... and here´s the garrison cap of the JNA / Yugoslav People's Army (Serbo-Croatian: Југословенска народна армија Jugoslovenska/Jugoslavenska narodna armija, short: JNA

In the cap I could only find a sewn-in label (probably the size).

Does anyone know when this cap was worn in the JNA?

Some Yugo itemsSome Yugo itemsSome Yugo itemsSome Yugo itemsSome Yugo items

Along with the medal, the lucky charm, and the cap, I also received a Croatian camouflage shirt from the 1990s civil war.
    All together for EUR 28,-- (USD 30,10 / GBP 24,31) including shipping.

Not a lot of money considering what this order stands for! ...

"Death to fascism, freedom for the people!" (Serbo-Croatian Smrt fašizmu, sloboda narodu!; Serbian Cyrillic Смрт фашизму, слобода народу!, Slovene Smrt fašizmu, svoboda narodu!, Macedonian Cyrillic Смрт на фашизмот, слобода на народот!, Albanian Vdekje fashizmit, liri popullit!) was a slogan of the Yugoslav partisans, which was later accepted as the official slogan of the resistance movement and was often used in the former SFR Yugoslavia.
    Literally translated, sloboda narodu means freedom for the people!
    Last edited by Reibert; 05-27-2023 at 11:10 PM.

I know such badges are not really sought after and also not appreciated by collectors, but I bought myself one of these medals again, as well as a border guard badge of the JNA.

R.
    Some Yugo itemsSome Yugo itemsSome Yugo itemsSome Yugo itemsSome Yugo itemsSome Yugo itemsSome Yugo items