Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

War toys from Ukraine

Article about: Hi mates, I don't know which area of the forum to post this in, so I'll just do it here. I hope it is appropriate here. Years ago, a former work colleague, who in turn had been to the Ukrain

Default War toys from Ukraine

Hi mates,

I don't know which area of the forum to post this in, so I'll just do it here.
    I hope it is appropriate here.

Years ago, a former work colleague, who in turn had been to the Ukraine many years earlier and had brought this war toy from there, gave me these tanks.

Material should probably be die-cast aluminum.

Total length of the missile carrier approx. 230 mm
    Length of crawler tractor approx. 90 mm
    Length 8 wheel approx. 120 mm

At that time no one would have guessed that the tanks would really be rolling there these days...
    War toys from UkraineWar toys from UkraineWar toys from UkraineWar toys from UkraineWar toys from UkraineWar toys from UkraineWar toys from UkraineWar toys from UkraineWar toys from UkraineWar toys from Ukraine

Interesting Cold War items. Very similar to the DDR made ones that were sold in East Berlin. I am pretty sure the material is diecast zinc. I think the main toyshop was called "Haus des Kinds" or something like that. They also sold red painted F1 hand grenade bodies to get the Young Pioneers ready for military service. I still have a few of the vehicles somewhere I will try to find them and add them here for comparison.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    ... I still have a few of the vehicles somewhere I will try to find them and add them here for comparison.

Regards

Mark
    That would be great Mark!

... I think the main toyshop was called "Haus des Kinds" or something like that. They also sold red painted F1 hand grenade bodies to get the Young Pioneers ready for military service. ...

Mark
    You mean these practice hand grenades, am I right ?
    War toys from UkraineWar toys from UkraineWar toys from Ukraine

weight: ca. 600 g app. 1,32 lb

Quote by Reibert View Post
    You mean these practice hand grenades, am I right ?
    War toys from UkraineWar toys from UkraineWar toys from Ukraine
    Yep, that's exactly right. Similar in weight to the real thing and sold in a toyshop
    Last edited by Watchdog; 12-04-2022 at 06:02 PM. Reason: typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Yep, that's exactly right. Similar in weight to the real thing and sold in a toyshop
    Also supplied to schools for physical education classes. (Everyone needs to be comfortable throwing hand grenades)
    Is still affectionately known as THE DDR SportgerÃĪt

?

Quote by Reibert View Post
    Hi mates,

I don't know which area of the forum to post this in, so I'll just do it here.
    I hope it is appropriate here.

Years ago, a former work colleague, who in turn had been to the Ukraine many years earlier and had brought this war toy from there, gave me these tanks.

Material should probably be die-cast aluminum.

Total length of the missile carrier approx. 230 mm
    Length of crawler tractor approx. 90 mm
    Length 8 wheel approx. 120 mm

At that time no one would have guessed that the tanks would really be rolling there these days...
    War toys from UkraineWar toys from UkraineWar toys from UkraineWar toys from UkraineWar toys from UkraineWar toys from UkraineWar toys from UkraineWar toys from UkraineWar toys from UkraineWar toys from Ukraine
    The very famous toys from my Soviet childhood in eighties! They are not Ukrainian, it was possible to find them everywhere in USSR.

Mark, McSeam,

I remember those toys from the shop in East Berlin. If I remember correctly the store was off Alexanderplatz and it was a very large department store type setting with multiple levels. I picked up a few sets and still have them today. There may have been more in the sets, but these were the only ones that were in the store at the time. I think I was there around Christmas time and the shelves were pretty empty.

I do remember seeing many Russian Soldiers in the shops there as well as East German Soldiers picking up items. I think they were more pre-occupied with the Allied Soldiers who were shopping and the items we were picking up. I sent home several East German made incense burners and some China and silverware sets and some East German tiered Christmas Pyramids candle holders.

Some wonderful memories of the Christmas Market and the wonderful food and goodies..

Smitty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture War toys from Ukraine   War toys from Ukraine  

War toys from Ukraine   War toys from Ukraine