Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Weird Blue Painted Hungarian M50

Article about: Hi collectors. I just stumbled upon this helmet, and a few things caught my eye. First: I thought this was an hungarian parade M50 based on the national decal on the front, but i've never se

Default Weird Blue Painted Hungarian M50

Hi collectors. I just stumbled upon this helmet, and a few things caught my eye. First: I thought this was an hungarian parade M50 based on the national decal on the front, but i've never seen an M50 with a leather lining. Second: why the hell is it painted blue? Did some special branch of the hungarian army use it? At first i thought of the navy but for obvious reasons i excluded that after a quick think. Third: i see no markings nor sizes on the inside, on both my M50s (one regular one parade) theres a lot of stuff goin on inside like markings and incisions for sizes eccetera.
    I tried having a look online at various hungarians and soviets SSHs and none matched this one even just in its color (even tho being colorblind i'm not that great with identifying colors)
    could anyone help me? I'd like to know something more about this thing than i already know, thx
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Weird Blue Painted Hungarian M50   Weird Blue Painted Hungarian M50  

Weird Blue Painted Hungarian M50   Weird Blue Painted Hungarian M50  

I would guess Hungarians in UN service.

?

Nothing to do with the UN, 1950s Hungarian civil defense helmet. The early star decal was UNDER the blue (lot if these decaled helmets were re-used by various organizations during the 50s. I have a couple of these - photos from my collection:
    Weird Blue Painted Hungarian M50Weird Blue Painted Hungarian M50

Hungarian anti-gas defense M50:
    Weird Blue Painted Hungarian M50Weird Blue Painted Hungarian M50

Hungarian winter camo M50 (early star decal under the camo paint):
    Weird Blue Painted Hungarian M50Weird Blue Painted Hungarian M50Weird Blue Painted Hungarian M50

Cheers,
    Fabe

?

PS: In post 1., the liner is not an M50 liner. Replaced...