Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Yugoslav M59/85 kevlar police helmet rarity?

Article about: Hi all, i hope this is the right place for this thread! A few minutes ago i stumbled upon a listing for a quite peculiar helmet. As the title says, its a Yugoslav M59/85 kevlar helmet, colou

?

Default Yugoslav M59/85 kevlar police helmet rarity?

Hi all, i hope this is the right place for this thread! A few minutes ago i stumbled upon a listing for a quite peculiar helmet. As the title says, its a Yugoslav M59/85 kevlar helmet, coloured in blue, bearing the 90s Yugoslav police insignia and i was wondering if someone, that understands more about these, can tell me if this is actually rare and worth the money, since i've never seen a kevlar police one before and it's listed for about 14 USD. These pics are of the actual helmet that is for sale. Thanks in advance for any advice!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Yugoslav M59/85 kevlar police helmet rarity?   Yugoslav M59/85 kevlar police helmet rarity?  

Yugoslav M59/85 kevlar police helmet rarity?  

Looks like a M89 kevlar helmet for the Yugo police (Milicija). Yugo made kevlar helmets are uncommon/rare to find.

$14? i'd pay three times as much. quite a hard lid to find lid.
    Last edited by Gunny Hartmann; 02-27-2020 at 12:51 PM.

14 USD $ is a steal for this helmet. Nice as a collector's piece and looks fine, even the liner looks good. Ragged and worn, but still in good condition.

Yep, if you collect helmets, you like it and it fits with your collecting interests then that is a steal and I would grab it quick before the seller works out that he could get more for it!!

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Thanks for the advice everyone, but i gave that money for another piece of gear yesterday, a Bundesgrenzschuts Sumpfmuster jacket which i accidently stumbled upon. Decided it was a better deal, although if the helmet is still around after i gather some more money, i will definetly buy it too. In few days i'll post more details about the jacket a new thread.

Quote by Asetto View Post
    Thanks for the advice everyone, but i gave that money for another piece of gear yesterday, a Bundesgrenzschuts Sumpfmuster jacket which i accidently stumbled upon. Decided it was a better deal, although if the helmet is still around after i gather some more money, i will definetly buy it too. In few days i'll post more details about the jacket a new thread.
    Well, if you got a BGS Sumpftarn hat let alone a jacket for that price you hit the jackpot even if it has the sleeve pocket flap removed as many do if they came through surplus.
    I look forward to seeing it.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

I just have to wait a bit more for the jacket to dry up from the washing, iron it a bit, since i plan on wearing it from time to time in town and i will post in detail about it in the Bundeswehr sub-forum (guessing thats where it belongs?).

Mate, this is a piece of history not Levis cargo pants!

?

Yeah... my bad on that part i guess. It just came out really cheap and i don't see it as a problem putting it on from time to time, nonetheless knowing it's true value i will be protecting it like a museum artefact. It went through a cold wash so that the colors dont get messed up and it turned out good, they haven't changed one bit, nonetheless i'm open for more tips on cleaning, treating and preserving similar uniforms. I hope at this point i'm not being too barbaric with the jacket.