Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German pocket knife "Nahkämpfer"

Article about: Hi ! Edged weapons from the World War era not only represent sabres, swords, pallashes, fascine knives, bayonets/side guns, army daggers and trench knives, but also "disdainful" po

Default German pocket knife "Nahkämpfer"

Hi !

Edged weapons from the World War era not only represent sabres, swords, pallashes, fascine knives, bayonets, army daggers and trench knives, but also "simple" pocket knives!

Here is a nice, towed, pocket knife from an unknown manufacturer, which is stamped with the lettering Nahkämpfer on the left side of the blade and with the letters D.R.G.M. (Deutsches Reichsgebrauchsmuster / German Reich utility model) on the right side of the blade.

The overall length of the knife is (approx.) 228 mm
    the blade length (blade ground and shortened through use): approx. 101 mm
    Blade thickness approx. 3 mm
    Length of the handle: approx. 127 mm

Thickness of the handle (to supply the folded blade, "hollow"): approx. 6 mm
    The handle itself is approx. 22 mm "wide"

At the end of the "handle" an eyelet / bracket is riveted, which was supposed to be used to hold a "catching cord" (lanyard)

The pocket knife is very heavily used and such a model should (very likely!...) hardly have been designed as a "close combat weapon" but, much more, as an "economy" and utility knife...

Nevertheless, this is a beautiful, eloquent piece of contemporary history, which should not be completely uninteresting for the collector of edged weapons from the World War era!

BTW, many different pocket knives from different manufacturers found their way to the fronts of the World War / "Great War" and often represent their own, special, collection area.
    German pocket knife "Nahkämpfer"German pocket knife "Nahkämpfer"German pocket knife "Nahkämpfer"German pocket knife "Nahkämpfer"German pocket knife "Nahkämpfer"German pocket knife "Nahkämpfer"German pocket knife "Nahkämpfer"German pocket knife "Nahkämpfer"German pocket knife "Nahkämpfer"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German pocket knife "Nahkämpfer"
    P
    Many

?

sorts like the KAT, knife that shoe's up now & then. an interesting thumb nail pocket knife. thanks for posting it.

MAP
    ?

Agree, similar to the Kat. Locking mechanism is slightly different but otherwise looks just like one.

Nice example Reibert.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)