Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Imperial German officer sword authenticity

Article about: How does this sword look? Was wondering if it’s an original to the imperial era and if the etching on the sword looks normal. Thanks in advance.

Default Imperial German officer sword authenticity

How does this sword look? Was wondering if it’s an original to the imperial era and if the etching on the sword looks normal. Thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial German officer sword authenticity   Imperial German officer sword authenticity  

Imperial German officer sword authenticity   Imperial German officer sword authenticity  

Imperial German officer sword authenticity   Imperial German officer sword authenticity  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial German officer sword authenticity
    P
    Many

Here's a book that is usually available for around $25 in good used condition, and I would highly recommend it to anyone wanting to collect Imperial German swords.

I believe there is one currently available on eBay USA for that price, in the WW1 German section.

It's the best $25 you can ever spend if you're going to collect Imperial German era edged weapons.

The Eickhorn & WKC Reprint Catalogs are also good, because they show the respective engraved panels done by each of these two great companies who were the most prolific blade engravers. I just recently purchased the WKC reprint catalog in HC from an old collection for $50. It's worth every penny I paid for it, IMHO.

Best Regards,

Alan

Imperial German officer sword authenticity

An authentic sword by WKC but I would say post Imperial era, more likely Weimar. The company was using the "twin head" trademark on swords through the Imperial era (to 1918) and ditched the "King" (appropriately) after the war.

I agree with Alan, buy some books, you won't regret it.