MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Imperial? Trench Knife

Article about: Any opinions on this knife? I think it's WWI but I'm not sure as I know very little about edged weapons. As you can see from the photos, someone at somepoint cleaned the blade with a wire br

Default Imperial? Trench Knife

Any opinions on this knife? I think it's WWI but I'm not sure as I know very little about edged weapons. As you can see from the photos, someone at somepoint cleaned the blade with a wire brush . If anyone could tell me more about this knife I'd be grateful Original? Repro? WWI? WWII?...

I should also add that it seems very well made (and it's heavy) So if it's a repro, it's a good one!

Let me know if better photos are needed of a certain area.
    Imperial? Trench KnifeImperial? Trench KnifeImperial? Trench KnifeImperial? Trench KnifeImperial? Trench KnifeImperial? Trench Knife

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial? Trench Knife
    P
    Many

Default Re: Imperial? Trench Knife

I think it looks sound...my guess is First World War and Gotlieb Hammesfahr certainly made these, the mark on the ricasso looks like an inspection mark.......looks like a crown over letter but can't quite make it out...any other marks on it ? perhaps on the back (unsharpened) part of the blade ?

This knife is a German Gottlieb Hamesfahr from 1916. The blade have 148 mm.
    Michel

Quote by Lugerlout View Post
    I think it looks sound...my guess is First World War and Gotlieb Hammesfahr certainly made these, the mark on the ricasso looks like an inspection mark.......looks like a crown over letter but can't quite make it out...any other marks on it ? perhaps on the back (unsharpened) part of the blade ?
    The inspection mark looks like a D? with a crown over it. That's what it looks like to me anyway, it's very hard to make out though. No, there are no other marking on it, just the two in the photos.

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    This knife is a German Gottlieb Hamesfahr from 1916. The blade have 148 mm.
    Michel
    Cool! Thanks I mesured the blade - it is indeed 148mm.