Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Latest Imperial collection addition - 1917 Weyersberg Solingen Seit 98/05 Bayonet/ scabbard

Article about: Hi All, The bug has bitten again, after searching for a little while for my first ever Bayonet I've recently purchased a 1917 Seit 98/05 N/A Bayonet & scabbard locally for a very reasona

?

Default Latest Imperial collection addition - 1917 Weyersberg Solingen Seit 98/05 Bayonet/ scabbard

Hi All,

The bug has bitten again, after searching for a little while for my first ever Bayonet I've recently purchased a 1917 Seit 98/05 N/A Bayonet & scabbard locally for a very reasonable price. It appears to be in overall good condition, just needing a little cleaning here & there. The scabbard was full of grit & what looked like some nasty corrosion starting to form on the inside so I have stripped & cleaned it as well. After reading the forums I didn't try to polish the blade or anything - It's got some pitting etc but I think it still displays O.K. The maker is "Weyersberg Kirschbaum & C Le Solingen" with the imperial markings, proofs, year etc embossed. I noticed while cleaning it it also had a serial number stamped on the press stud? (see pic) It may be a common blade, but I hope you all like it, as my first bayonet I certainly do.

Regards,

Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Latest Imperial collection addition - 1917 Weyersberg Solingen Seit 98/05  Bayonet/ scabbard   Latest Imperial collection addition - 1917 Weyersberg Solingen Seit 98/05  Bayonet/ scabbard  

Latest Imperial collection addition - 1917 Weyersberg Solingen Seit 98/05  Bayonet/ scabbard   Latest Imperial collection addition - 1917 Weyersberg Solingen Seit 98/05  Bayonet/ scabbard  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Latest Imperial collection addition - 1917 Weyersberg Solingen Seit 98/05  Bayonet/ scabbard
    P
    Many

?

I like it and would be happy to own it - its not perfect but as long as you're happy with the price paid. I can't say I've ever noticed a press stud number marked like that.

Nice looking bayo.
    I have had bayonets from all over the world and for me,, the Butcher blade
    bayos are still my favorite.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Nice bayonet.