Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking for help identifying this sword

Article about: I’ve been offered this sword by a pensioner trying to raise some funds. I cannot find any info on it anywhere, even on the WKC website. It’s a plain but obviously ceremonial sword, and t

Default Looking for help identifying this sword

I’ve been offered this sword by a pensioner trying to raise some funds. I cannot find any info on it anywhere, even on the WKC website. It’s a plain but obviously ceremonial sword, and the hilt is almost identical to the Wilkinson ceremonial sword
    that I own (shown in picture for comparison) Anyone able to give me any guidance?Looking for help identifying this swordLooking for help identifying this sword

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Looking for help identifying this sword
    P
    Many

It's obviously made by Weyersberg Kirschbaum & Cie, but you will likely have to post some more, in focus, photos of the guard details.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Pre-ww1 german made, but ordered and used by british. Commercial export.

Germany, or Solingen area, sold their swords all over the europe, to Finland, Russia and South America.
    I have Russian shaska with Solingen blade.
    Example, Finnish m/1922 officer swords are all German made, over 100 years to this day.

MAP
    ?

Move to the correct forum
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Yes, WKC continued to make various export swords post WW2 and continued to use the earlier marker marks, so this could be a post WW2 sword. The plated finish suggests a dress sword, but we'll wait for those better images.

Hopefully these pics are a bit clearer for guard detail, it’s definitely ceremonial, there is no cutting edge at all

- - ------- - -

Some clearer pics below
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Looking for help identifying this sword   Looking for help identifying this sword  

Looking for help identifying this sword   Looking for help identifying this sword  

Looking for help identifying this sword  

?

I personally tend to post WW1 trade mark of WKC here.

It's a British Pattern 1897 Infantry officer's sword. For dating it's more relevant to see the Royal cypher on the guard.

There’s no cipher or any other identifier on this one. My Wilkinson in the very first picture clearly has the Crown and ER motif, but this sword has nothing of any kind as an igentifier other than the WKC stamp and crest on the blade , bit of a mystery to this newbie to the blade game

I think your earlier comment about it being a post WWII model may be closer to the mark, considering 1) it’s definitely ceremonial, not practical, 2) the pensioner who is selling it received it from her husband who came from a Rhodesian military background I believe, so somewhere from 1960-1980 in service

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast