Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need help identifying german saber from WW1

Article about: Hello everyone, I have been offered this saber to buy, it looks German from the first world war, I do not identify the shield on the hilt, a hand would help. Would 450 euros be a fair price?

Default Need help identifying german saber from WW1

Hello everyone, I have been offered this saber to buy, it looks German from the first world war, I do not identify the shield on the hilt, a hand would help. Would 450 euros be a fair price? Is there any way to repair the shagreen of the sword grip? I'll be waiting for your answers!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help identifying german saber from WW1   Need help identifying german saber from WW1  

Need help identifying german saber from WW1   Need help identifying german saber from WW1  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help identifying german saber from WW1
    P
    Many

Where are you located? Are you a vendor trying to establish the price you can ask for an item of militaria? You keep popping up with items in poor condition asking whether they’re period original and what price you should pay.

I suggest, as others have for the umpteenth time, that you only buy from reputable dealers until your knowledge and experience has developed sufficiently to enable you to sort the wheat from the chaff.

I'm from Spain, I'm not a seller, I just don't have a lot of money to spend and I try to get militaria at an expensive price, the militaria stores here are overpriced for the local economy, prices being double or triple expensive in comparison with the purchase to individuals. I don't have the time to learn enough in this matter, and probably not the skill either. In the case of this saber, believe me, I have tried to find information and I have not found anything. Unfortunately here the purchase options are not as extensive as in the United States. If I ask about objects that are in worse condition than Americans find in their country, it is because there is infinitely less supply here.

It's an Cavalry sabre, pre WW1 Imperial, probably Prussian. Squared langets not that common and this maker is not seen that often, but Eickhorn did produce something similar around 1905, but this is not an Eickhorn. I wouldn't try to restore the grip, it has lost it's wire. But it is what it is.

?

Personally i would tend to veteran sabre, most real as mentioned cavalry branch, with shield for adding initials. Etch is very shallow, it could be a 19.century piece, maker of blade could be under crossguard langets. Hard to repair the handle wout dissmante the grip, the price is not extra low.

It has the features of a Bavarian Sword that I once owned...The price is too high in
    this condition...You can do better out there, just be patient and diligent in your search...

Thank you all for your answers, very kind, I have not been able to identify the model but it doesn't matter anymore, not even 24 hours after my post the seller has sold this sword