Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Trench knife

Article about: Hi, I would be happy if somebody could tell me if this German trench knife is indeed from ww1 and if it has been cleaned. I ve heard that some trench knife models have been produced after ww

?

Default Trench knife

Hi,

I would be happy if somebody could tell me if this German trench knife is indeed from ww1 and if it has been cleaned. I ve heard that some trench knife models have been produced after ww1 and I want to make sure this one is not one of these post ww1 knifes. Im a bit concerned but about the blade, the wood and the shiny parts of the finger guard. To me the blade and maybe the wood seem to be cleaned quite a bit some years ago but I’m no expert.
    I would be happy about some feedback

Best regards
    Anon

Trench knife
    Trench knife
    Trench knife
    Trench knife

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Trench knife
    P
    Many

IMO, an original WW I era kampfmesser.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Nice "Armeedolch mit Küchenmessergriff", unfortunately it seems to have been cleaned quite heavily...

?

Would you also say that it has been cleaned quite a bit or is that it’s original finish/patina?

Anon

MAP
    ?

Quote by Anon View Post
    Would you also say that it has been cleaned quite a bit or is that it’s original finish/patina?

Anon
    Agree with Reibert. Looks like it has been scrubbed/cleaned.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Over cleaned is the issue.

?

Thank you all, thats all I need to know to not get it.

Anon

MAP
    ?

I will add, the photo do look overly processed which could contribute to the wash out look and make it look more scrubbed than it is, but still, it has been cleaned regardless.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)