Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW1 Bayonet (98/05)

Article about: Hello all... A friend of mine is starting to downsize his military collection because of his age. He has soooo many great pieces (Firearms/ blades)... this is one that I’m interested in. I

Default WW1 Bayonet (98/05)

Hello all...

A friend of mine is starting to downsize his military collection because of his age. He has soooo many great pieces (Firearms/ blades)... this is one that I’m interested in. I believe it’s not 100% original because of the blued finish. I think the finish should be in the white? Or am I wrong? Either way... it’s still in very nice condition for its age and interested if the price is doable. It still will retain the historical value (if not the collector value).

Don’t judge the white-gross-shag carpet... it’s in my workroom.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 Bayonet (98/05)   WW1 Bayonet (98/05)  

WW1 Bayonet (98/05)   WW1 Bayonet (98/05)  

WW1 Bayonet (98/05)   WW1 Bayonet (98/05)  

WW1 Bayonet (98/05)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW1 Bayonet (98/05)
    P
    Many

Hello,

this is a German Seitengewehr 98/05 n.A.S. (neuer Art Säge) - Bayonent 98/05 (new type saw).
    Unfortunately, it has been completely reworked, the metal parts have been sanded down slightly and the grip head has been blued. It was actually left white. The scabbard should also be reblued.

Regards

Yes it looks like someone's restoration project. For a collector, original patina is more highly valued than something looking mint. Value would have been effected, you may want to consider that if offering a price.

Thank you sleepwalker and Mr Anderson for your comments. I agree with both of you... I would still be interested based on price. The owner purchased this piece many years ago... has no idea of its originality...
    Last edited by 26Intrepid; 01-07-2023 at 04:04 AM.

Check out some dealer websites to get a ball park market value, then discount an amount to allow for the restoration factor.

?

Yes the piece was restored most real polished metall parts and blued handle and scabbard, the grips were probably laquered, by similar piece is the price probably by real collector decreased on 1/3 of price, S98/05nAS going in range about 200€. But You could look at auctions and Ebay.

Dok
    ?

I would not buy such a bayonet. Not a collector's item for sure. But I have my own point of view. You might like this one too.
    P.S. Gottieb Hammesfahr with such markings is not uncommon. These marks are much rarer.
    WW1 Bayonet (98/05) WW1 Bayonet (98/05)

Dok
    ?

Quote by AndyB View Post
    S98/05nAS going in range about 200€.
    Andy, hi. I think that good S98/05 nAS now cost more than 200 euros. And rare copies can cost from 600 to 800 euros. I've been looking 98/05 Emil Hermes for a very long time and I'm ready to pay money, but I can't find it.

Hi Dok and thanks for the post..

Yes, I realize that it’s not a piece for most collectors. Sad that some metal areas were refinished and a clear coat on the grips. For $100 I will take it off his hands and put it into my collection. I just wanted to be sure that my thoughts on this piece was correct (not in original form) before making a offer.

Dok
    ?

Quote by 26Intrepid View Post
    Hi Dok and thanks for the post..

Yes, I realize that it’s not a piece for most collectors. Sad that some metal areas were refinished and a clear coat on the grips. For $100 I will take it off his hands and put it into my collection. I just wanted to be sure that my thoughts on this piece was correct (not in original form) before making a offer.
    Correct solution. $100 freebie even for this bayonet. крутая милитария

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast