Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

1907 pattern bayonet, potential purchase

Article about: hey guys, ive been looking around for a bayonet for my 1917 BSA mkIII* and i came across this today on another forum. just looking for some help on a positive ID and what a good price point

?

Default 1907 pattern bayonet, potential purchase

hey guys,

ive been looking around for a bayonet for my 1917 BSA mkIII* and i came across this today on another forum. just looking for some help on a positive ID and what a good price point is. From what i can tell it looks like your standard British 1907 however im no expert on bayonets. Anything else I should know about it?
    I did ask for more detailed photos so i will update when I get those but these will have to do for now.
    1907 pattern bayonet, potential purchase1907 pattern bayonet, potential purchase1907 pattern bayonet, potential purchase1907 pattern bayonet, potential purchase1907 pattern bayonet, potential purchase1907 pattern bayonet, potential purchase1907 pattern bayonet, potential purchase

Cheers
    Phil

?

some better photos, what does the lettering on the handle mean?
    1907 pattern bayonet, potential purchase1907 pattern bayonet, potential purchase1907 pattern bayonet, potential purchase1907 pattern bayonet, potential purchase

NCA
    ?

Looks ok to me but then i'm no expert either....shame its missing the tip on the bayonet.

The markings are possibly something to do with Canadian Militia?

If the stamps are genuine then its good that the bayo, scabbard and frog are all matching.

Markings on British and Commonwealth Bayonets Scroll down for Canadian markings.

?

from my research it stands for the Canadian mechanized brigade group? either 2 or 5 or both?

?

A picture of both sides of the blade in its entirety in natural light would be good. I'm not up to scratch with Canadian markings but they will probably add to the value. The tip is missing and without extra photos the blade looks to have lost a lot of finish. Unless you particularly want the Canadian markings, millions were made and it wouldn't be hard to find a mint example.

Alex

is it just me, or has this been re-blued? P1907 April 1918...if it were me, id wait for a better example,there are literally millions of these

An interesting bayonet but to echo the others, unless it is very cheap I would look for another. IMO looking at the broken tip, it would always bug me.