Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1918 LF&C Trench Knife, real or fake?

Article about: I found this US "Trench Knife" at a local Pawn Shop. He said he's had it for many years and has no idea where he got it. It was cheap enough, so I decided why not! Honestly, I thin

Default 1918 LF&C Trench Knife, real or fake?

I found this US "Trench Knife" at a local Pawn Shop. He said he's had it for many years and has no idea where he got it. It was cheap enough, so I decided why not!

Honestly, I think it's real. It has a steal nut, darkened steel blade, font looks correct, etc. I'd love the experts opinions though.

I'd also very much like a value, although I'm not currently looking to sell.

1918 LF&C Trench Knife, real or fake?1918 LF&C Trench Knife, real or fake?1918 LF&C Trench Knife, real or fake?1918 LF&C Trench Knife, real or fake?1918 LF&C Trench Knife, real or fake?

Thank you!!

MAP
    ?

Here is a good thread to compare to

The U.S. M1918 Mk. I Trench Knife Thread.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Font appears to match identical. I'm really feeling it might be real. Would like a couple more opinions. Thanks for the link!! I appreciate it!

It is a good one. BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Sounds great! Thanks!

MAP
    ?

Quote by mattbhm View Post
    Font appears to match identical. I'm really feeling it might be real. Would like a couple more opinions. Thanks for the link!! I appreciate it!
    No problem. I am on my cell so couldn't see well enough to give you an opinion. Good to see Bill chimed in

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Any opinions on value? Like I said, not trying to sell but it would be nice to know what I have.

MAP
    ?

I really have no idea what they go for these days. Missing the scabbard does reduce the value quite a bit.

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, after looking, the scabbards are extremely rare and worth as much or more than the knives. Just a scabbard sold on Ebay for $570 a few months back!

MAP
    ?

Quote by mattbhm View Post
    Thanks for the reply! Yeah, after looking, the scabbards are extremely rare and worth as much or more than the knives. Just a scabbard sold on Ebay for $570 a few months back!
    I bought my 4 years ago. Paid $500. Scabbard included. Plus it is an Au Lion. I don't think you can touch one for that price these days.

WWI Mk1 1918 Au Lion Trench Knife

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast