Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1945 British Survival Folding Machete

Article about: I have been wanting to pick up a folding survival machete for sometime but have always hesitated since I am a Commonwealth collector mainly and had not found a good British one in a price I

?

Default 1945 British Survival Folding Machete

I have been wanting to pick up a folding survival machete for sometime but have always hesitated since I am a Commonwealth collector mainly and had not found a good British one in a price I wanted to pay, but I got lucky the other day on ebay. Found this one for a good price, leather lanyard, etched and marked with the blade cover. There is pitting on the blade, but the lock and spring are very tight still and the blade is nice and sharp without sharpening marks.
    Thanks for looking
    1945 British Survival Folding Machete1945 British Survival Folding Machete1945 British Survival Folding Machete1945 British Survival Folding Machete1945 British Survival Folding Machete

Nice
    I have a couple US folding machetes like this and also one of the wood
    handled non-folding versions. I never realized that there was also a
    British made version. I guess it makes sense that there would be.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Nice
    I have a couple US folding machetes like this and also one of the wood
    handled non-folding versions. I never realized that there was also a
    British made version. I guess it makes sense that there would be.
    The difference is the British added a lanyard hole to them. Also the Japanese made some post war that has a tip closer to the A1 but with a lanyard also. Such a great knife, have been wanting one for a long time.

Really interesting piece which is new to me too...and thank you for taking the time to present/photograph it so well.....others would've driven it into a rubber plant with camo net behind!

?

Quote by Composite View Post
    Really interesting piece which is new to me too...and thank you for taking the time to present/photograph it so well.....others would've driven it into a rubber plant with camo net behind!
    I thought about slamming it into a tree stump like a axe and taking a bunch of pictures from 10 feet away so people couldn't figure out what it was but then I realized I like the items I buy and prefer to show them some respect and letting other people see them also. BTW I laughed when I read the rubber tree comment just picturing some really bad Facebook pictures.

?

Thanks for sharing that pic.
    I have the US made version and did not know about the British made one's.

Just another example why this site is The Best!

The more time I spend on this site ,The more I learn.

Thanks

Semper Fi
    Phil