Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

British Combat fighting knife

Article about: Hi, I Have had this knife now for some time and was looking into what it could be, and if by accident I found out it could be a British commando fighting knife. It has all the characteristic

?

Default British Combat fighting knife

Hi,

I Have had this knife now for some time and was looking into what it could be, and if by accident I found out it could be a British commando fighting knife. It has all the characteristics of the Southern and Richardson but not the markings.

What do you think of this knife? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance!

British Combat fighting knife British Combat fighting knife British Combat fighting knife British Combat fighting knife British Combat fighting knife British Combat fighting knife

Kind regards,

Erik

It is “of the period” of a fairly common design produced by various manufacturers. As far as I am aware these were never issued and were private purchase knives, hence anyone could purchase them. It is in a cut down Fairbairn Sykes sheath.
    A very nice knife, I have a similar one in my collection

Quote by Grimebox View Post
    It is “of the period” of a fairly common design produced by various manufacturers. As far as I am aware these were never issued and were private purchase knives, hence anyone could purchase them. It is in a cut down Fairbairn Sykes sheath.
    I agree with all of this.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

could it be theatre made?

Quote by toot View Post
    could it be theatre made?
    The sheath, maybe, the knife is a factory produced piece.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Quote by Grimebox View Post
    A very nice knife, I have a similar one in my collection
    Thank you for your explanation.

Grimebox is onto it. Amongst the British officer class there was always the expectation you would buy your own blades. And numerous outfitter shops in London would supply ceremonial swords and finely made field equipment, like combat knives. The fact it's unmarked suggest to me it was produced for sale at an outfitter shop.