Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

British No.5 MkII - Radcliffe

Article about: Many years ago I bought this bayonet Opinions are welcome Thanks in advance

Default British No.5 MkII - Radcliffe

Many years ago I bought this bayonet
    Opinions are welcome
    Thanks in advance

Any comments?

Quote by ivanjoaquin View Post
    Any comments?
    Hello, I own several of these No.5 "Jungle Enfield bayonets" myself, but I don't really know much about these pieces actually, sry. ...
    What I can tell is that your copy was probably produced by the manufacturer Radcliffe based on the manufacturer code "N187".

Best regards,
    R.

P.S.:
    Some more informations there:
    British No.5 MkII - W.S.C.

?

Hello,

Here are the markings from my beat up Radcliffe. I have no idea which box its in at home to get it out and check further. There was only 75000 Radcliffe ones made and No.5 bayonets have been faked and reproduced for years. Different manufacturers marked parts differently and No.5 bayonets were also refurbed in an un-uniformed manner possibly with parts from various makers so without having it in hand I'm always cautious about these mint examples. My points of concern with yours is that mine doesn't have the number marking on the other side of the blade and your N 187 is stamped far more crisply than mine. After a quick look online there seems to be some variation in how they are stamped with some having the N 187 marking crisp like yours and some being upside down. I'm leaning towards yours being original but clearly I'm no expert.

British No.5 MkII - RadcliffeBritish No.5 MkII - RadcliffeBritish No.5 MkII - RadcliffeBritish No.5 MkII - Radcliffe

Reibert and Alex, very thanks for your opinions, I bought this bayonet along with a No 7 and a No 9 in France over forty years ago, it is in near mint condition and don’t looks a repro but who knows

?

Sorry to say guys but Im not happy at all with this one , It's an Original #5 No Doubt , but Modified to look like a Radcliffe made one.
    All I can see is Poole Post WW2 markings .
    Cheers Rick

?

This gives the game away , just for starters

Cheers Rick

?

And Here

?

Has anyone bothered to notice that the crossguard looks loose fitting , freshly machined & drilled ?
    I guess not . lol
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British No.5 MkII - Radcliffe  

?

Rick I agree that something doesn’t feel quite right but I’ve got a 1946 pool and I’m not seeing the resemblance to any pool markings.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast